Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More on Chaput's World View...

I am thinking I should add a new blog, or change the name of this one.
I am no longer thinking about how my view as a convert differs from other views. I don't think that's important any more.
What I do think is important is following the thinking of Archbishop Chaput, now of Denver, soon to be of Philadelphia.
This quote of the day has helped me connect my life as a citizen of the United States to my life as a member of the body of Christ:

We Christians are in the world but not of the world. We belong to God, and our home is heaven. But we're here for a reason: to change the world, for the sake of the world, in the name of Jesus Christ. The work belongs to us. Nobody will do it for us. And the idea that we can accomplish it without engaging in a hands-on way the laws, the structures, the public policies, the habits of mind, and the root causes that sustain injustice in our country is just delusion. ( Render Unto Caesar, p. 46. )

No comments:

Post a Comment