Sunday, July 10, 2011

Catholics take note:

When I think about my own personal history, it does not surprise me that the REAL Catholic perspective has become totally marginalized in the world today. I personally hate to be unpopular, but I'll do it for Him. (8th Beatitude.) Will you? Let me tell you a secret:
Smart people find God in their desperation, not in their thinking. They do not find him with their thinking because they are too complex to see anything so simple as a God-man who loves them so much He would give up His perfect, beautiful lovable self for them. But when they are desperate, facing the abyss - then the question can be posed - what would your life look like if you fell in love with the God-man who loved you so much that He was willing to give up His perfect and totally lovable self and die, just for you?
We are surrounded by this desperation and what I really want to tell you is that I was desperate and 25 before a very kind and wise 15 year old told me the secrets which gave me the keys to the Kingdom. She said "I believe that when a woman has sex she gives up her right to not be pregnant."
And I was 26 when my even wiser friend told me the best thing, the kindest thing I have ever been told - "The Bible says God is love."
I was a smart person, too smart to find God with my thinking. I thank you now, God, for the desperation, and the answers that came when I looked up from my misery.
But I have to ask - why was I 25 before a single Catholic ever told me what I needed to hear?
This knowledge I have, about the darkness out there, compels me to ask you - have you shared what you know with a desperate smart person lately? It's your job if you are following Christ. And I run into plenty of desperate smart people - and it is never my job to decide what kind of ground I have come across - thorny, shallow, dry, what have you - (Matthew 13 1-23 ) I just keep throwing those words out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment