Saturday, July 9, 2011

Casey Anthony

"It is at the heart of the moral conscience that the eclipse of the sense of God and man, with all its various and deadly consequences for life, is taking place." (EV 21) as proven by the Casey Anthony Story.
It is too dark to see outside our Catholic bubble, is all I'm saying. Casey Anthony deserves our prayers as she is a casualty in the bigger picture.
It is too easy to judge, as Catholics, what we assess to be moral choices made by the uncatechized.
Speaking strictly for myself, I can tell you that not knowing Christ is tantamount to not being able to think in this day and age of ours. And not being able to think is a slippery slope to not being able to look at a baby and see a person. This is moral myopia and we have been warned!
To put it even more plainly - we live in a terrible time in which our secular culture promotes this type of moral myopia, and the darkness is like shades of gray that become increasingly dark as days go by. To quote the great man again "What will your legacy be?"
Unless you have never jumped behind the nearest bush when a chance to defend the culture of life presented itself to you - you are going to have to take your share of the blame when it comes to tragedies like a woman allowing her two-year-old to die so she could go clubbing.
Jumping behind the bush means you didn't admit you were pro-life to people to whom it might be deemed offensive - to risk being tragically un-hip in your views with your friends. I've done it. Have you?
So, yeah, I am taking my share of the blame of the sad, sad story of Cayley Anthony and her mother. The baby I entrust to the arms of our beautiful loving God. She is safely with Jesus, right? The mother I pray for. It's the least I can do.
What are her chances of getting to God? Divine Mercy rain down upon us, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment