Saturday, March 13, 2010

" Like join their American cousins." Superb standards set.

I wonder, will I be sued for copyright infringement if I borrow a paragraph from a "real" news source? Well, here goes:
What follows is a little piece of enlightenment which was in mainstream cyber-news. Their stuff is in italics, followed by my comment.
The subject was alleged sex abuse by RC clergy.

The recent spread of claims into the Netherlands, Austria and Italy has analysts and churchmen wondering how deep the scandal runs, which nation will be touched next, and whether a tide of lawsuits will force European dioceses to declare bankruptcy like join their American cousins.

- This quote which is paragraph 3 of your article is not even close to being grammatically correct. My undergraduate Philosophy instructor once told me that people who can't use the rules of punctuation and grammar can't even think. You would pass judgment on the very foundation of thought in Western Society, even as you ignore the simplest rules of grammar. I wonder what else we shouldn't take as given in your precise and accurate depiction of the world?

"...dioceses to declare bankruptcy like join their American cousins." Was this translated from another language? Why do people accept information of this caliber as true?
Short answer - politically convenient?

2 comments:

  1. lawl! this article is exquisite. I agree with that notion of your liberal, I am guessing, philosophy professor. I mean, who is all people this talk way? If yo' gramma ain't ordered--you ain't ordered in yo' thinkin! But seriously, seeing improper spelling and use of punctuation makes me tune out when I DO happen to read an article. PS love your blog.

    ReplyDelete